<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> </head><body>












Friday, March 02, 2012
Hi world, results were announced today and I really just wanna say how grateful I am to God for everything!!!!! For bringing me to AC (because my mind was pretty set on CJ up until one of the last few moments); for helping me discover why and how much I really loved History in AC and therefore making History the thing I looked forward most to in JC and therefore making me work my butt off like nothing else before (also in part thanks to the History teachers); for the results that I received today, which weren't the best but definitely better than what I had expected. Really thankful for my A in History, which like I've said several times before, is what I loved about JC and what I worked my ass off for. Also for my A in Lit, after the several grumblings and complaints about the Lit teachers. But I still stand my ground that AC Lit teachers didn't inspire and teach me much as IJ Lit teachers did (proud to be an IJ Lit girl, always; proud to be an AC History kid, always). But seriously, A for Lit, it was more than I asked for and I'm truly happy and grateful to God about it. My Cs for Maths and h1 Chem just prove how much I'm not a Science kid material. But still, I'm happy because I honestly thought I would fail Chem and the Maths paper was really a bitch and everyone knows how much my Maths sucks. Will always regret choosing Chem over Econs but my life would be different from how it is now if I'd made that other decision, and I can't imagine myself having a different life from what it is now. And I still believe that everything happens for a reason, so oh well. I think my mind's pretty set on FASS now. I was really worried about not being able to get into FASS, but I think I can make it? Still undecided about applying to UK/Aussie for Anthro but unless a miracle happens, money is definitely a huge-ass issue. So I'm just gonna cross my fingers, hope for the best and go wherever life takes me.

Last thursday night, Nianci and I went for the Rachael Yamagata concert!!! Like finally, after last year's failed attempts. Rachael Yamagata is amazeballs live, her voice was so amazing despite the sore throat she had! I had goosebumps everytime she sang solo on either the piano or the guitar, without the other instruments by the band. Because her voice alone is really really amazing. Elephants was so so so good I just melted in my seat. I was happy cos she played Be Be Your Love and Letter Read and Worn Me Down and Elephants and Reason Why! And miffed that she didn't play Quiet and Duet but at least the concert wasn't completely her new album material (which I'm not a big fan of). Anyway I also got a poster and Nianci and I queued up for her autograph after the concert hahaha and also got a polaroid with her! My first time queueing up for autographs after a concert I felt like such a teenybopper! Apparently the autograph session went on until 3am??? That's insane, but she's really damn nice and she talked to everyone personally, so sweet. Oh yes, she said my name is like "an angel's name"!!! Anyway, Rachael Yamagata is incredibly down-to-earth and funny and I'm really glad that I got to watch her live finally! Then Nianci and I became hobos walking around the area and finally settling at Cathay starbucks til her flight at 7am the next morning. Heh, hobo for the first time in my life!

Death Cab next week, I'm super duper stoked!!!!! The only concert I was this stoked for was The Killers, but God forbid that Death Cab cancels their concert like The Killers did!!!! DEATH CAB DEATH CAB DEATH CAB, one of the few bands I live for.

Okay peace out, I'm so damn tired from today - emotionally and physically. I don't know where we are going now (so take a look at me now).
11:42 PM;